Saturday, September 26, 2009
The Excuses for No New Pix:
1. The Business Trip -- Two and one-half full days in San Mateo; productive, but not of art.
2. The Plumbing Excitement -- Just before The Business Trip, my bare feet told me our carpeting was wet. Fortunately, the good new plumbers we found helped quickly, but still.
3. The Press of Commerce -- Work work work work work.
4. The Academic Path -- Writing, researching and getting prepped for presentations at TEMA and Kalamazoo (woo-hoo!!!)
5. The Italian lessons -- troppo studio.
6. And so, no time out for wandering.
Friday, September 18, 2009
"...The late afternoon tugs
At a gold thread you can hear fraying
When you close your eyes..."
From "Angels Grieving over the Dead Christ" by Gjertrud Schnackenberg
Random bits: First, still getting energy back post-surgery, but recovery has been fine and on track, as are my Italian lessons. Last, thanks for stopping by.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Sunday, September 06, 2009
Saturday, September 05, 2009
"...All night I wander alone, searching in vain for the irretrievable.
In the night I will drink from a cup of ashes and yellow paint. ..."
From "Nights on Planet Earth" by Campbell McGrath
First full week back at the office (whew), and now need to get caught up on schoolwork. Oh yes, also reaching out for Italian tutoring, among other bits of trouble-making.
If I'm not too punk tomorrow, will wander some with a camera in hand. (Yay! Fresh pixels!)