Thursday, June 28, 2007
On vacation for a few days...
...a much needed time out, visiting family and such.
Posting and commenting will be sporadic (if at all) -- but I look forward to wandering through your worlds once I'm back!
In response to Clare, Keeper of the Snails, who tagged me for a "random facts" meme -- what's the HTML for a Bronx Cheer?
In any case, I'm game, and apologies to those who I've inflicted the entirely optional meme-tag upon.
Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed). (NB: I cheated, only tagged five. Neener neener neener.)
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged (cut and run).
My random facts:
1. I saw Night of the Living Dead when I was 9 years old, and it put me off scary gory movies forever.
2. It didn't help my reaction to that movie that I grew up living next to a graveyard, near the place where The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was set.
3. My first car was a used Olds Cutlass V8, which I treated as if it were a 4-wheel drive vehicle, bouncing through desert ravines to visit friends when I lived near Phoenix.
4. When I was about 9 years old, Zita Johann was trying to make a children's TV show and one of my brothers and I were to be in it. (It never happened, and I'm glad for that.)
5. I made money selling custom-made Creepy Crawlers in elementary school until I was busted for distracting the other students.
6. Kevin MacPherson was in many of my illustration classes in college and I envied his native ability -- he always made drawing and painting look so easy.
7. I've only shot a gun -- it was a shotgun -- on one occasion. A girlfriend and I, for fun, shot up old discarded hot water heaters on her husband's family ranch.
8. I've had predictive dreams, much to my amazement and discomfort.
Tagged, you're now it!