Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wreckoning



"...Though I lack the art
to decipher it,
no doubt the next chapter
in my book of transformations
is already written. ..."

From "The Layers" by Stanley Kunitz

*****

Traveling for a few days to see family, so posts may be sporadic until Sunday.
Then again, posts may be as regular as fancy clockwork.
We shall see.

*****

Later.
FUBAR.
Unless I get myself to a Starb****, no picture posting. I am unable to connect my own laptop to my parents' internet connection and have it work. Why? Darned if I know. But I'll keep tryin' -- I have pixel goodness on my laptop that merits sharing.

*****

More pixel goodness will resume shortly.

In the Phoenix airport, running my battery down...posts will resume tomorrow (Sunday) once I've caught up on a little rest. Thanks for your kind and supportive comments while I've been cussing at the !@#$%! connectivity.

13 comments:

R.L. Bourges said...

Scavenger angels, yes. And their buddies, assigned to the graveyard shift on the dark borders between the worlds
may the morning light shine for them all

Safe travels, Lori until...whenever.

Reya Mellicker said...

Oh yeah. Mama said there'd be days like this. Transformation always begins with deconstruction. That's why, these days, when people say, "Read this book - it'll change your life!" I say NO THANK YOU.

Dale said...

:-)

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings...

raindog said...

oh! and against a perfect blue sky. fabulous!

am said...

Looking forward to more of your "pixel goodness" when the computer obstacles are overcome.

Kind wishes to you as you travel and visit.

Susanna said...

wow, they sky is so cloudless and blue. It looks like a demolition oasis

lowenkopf said...

The oys of Texas are upon you...

Rethabile said...

We'll wait. In the meantime we'll read back on the posts for inspiration and satisfaction.

Lori Witzel said...

Lee: Being in Phoenix makes me appreciate Ed Abbey's sentiments even more. If I weren't doing a family visit, I'd hie myself off to a scrubby town northeast...or to the snow-filled mountains north...

Reya: *snork*

Dale: Apt, especially since this pic was caught on the back property of a formerly world-dominant hardware/software company that goes by three initials beginning with the letter "I"...

RD: It held clear like that for about 30 minutes until the cirrus wisps came back in. :-)

am: Thanks so much!

Susangelique: Hehehe! A peaceful moment among the wreckage.

Shelly: As are, at the moment, the oys of Scottsdale.

Rethabile: Thanks for popping by, can't wait to do more than leave a few smoke-signals from the suburbs of Phoenix.

Anonymous said...

Turn and face the strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEaS-K3j3M8

R.L. Bourges said...

re youtube: I see the political focus groups have zeroed in on the key issue. From my years as political hack, I can tell you that the speechwriters have a word quota to fill - not in the strict sense of "work the word change in 54 times in a 10-minute speech." More as in: people say they want "change"? Give 'em the word "change" until they get sick of it and beg for mercy.
Sorry. Short rant. Couldn't help myself.

Granny J said...

The only use for the word "deconstruction" that I will allow. Excellent example and a beautiful picture.

James-H said...

Sweet geometry.