Saturday, December 15, 2007


" Tintagel
on the mid stairs between
light and dark..."

From "Rückenfigur" by Susan Howe


Shelly Lowenkopf said...

This reminds me of my own constant railing at what passes for informed logic these days.

Your photo is a splendid example of semiotics in action; I congratulate you for it.

Lori Witzel said...

Shelly -- Of course I was smiling when I typed the post title, thinking of your recent railings...I was going to title it "Getting a grip" but that was just too clunky for, er, words.


I had a lovely soggy wandering on Friday. There are more to come from before the deluge (or at least from before the mizzle turned to rain in earnest.)

And hey! Who knew I was a semi-o'tician! My last-course-prof commented similarly on my penchant for semiotics, and I truly had no idea that's what I was doing.

Maybe another train of thought to derail: "The Accidental Semiotician."

Granny J said...

Ah, Lori, you have put me to revamping my Arthurian mental images with an OSHA overlay.