Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

"Best Of 2006"? Hardly.

Stewart Sternberg asked. And then PhotoFriday asked. But I'm the kind of person who finds it difficult to make a "best of" collection of what I think of as ephemeral moments in time.

Well, since they asked, I decided to try.

So, patient reader, please click the links below to see five images -- not always ones that were most resonant for me this year, or "best," but ones that seemed right for this small recap.

And I'm interested in learning what your favorite was, whether it's below or not. Feel free to comment with the link to your fave.

*****

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

*****

And, of course, there were always the silly moments. Seems to me that play skips down the road hand in hand with creativity.

Well, enough of this. I'm grateful to share your attention, your creativity, your community. And I look forward to opening the treasure chest of this new year with you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like one and five a lot, but the Bluebonnet light is wonderful.

MB said...

One of your hallmarks is variety, which makes it very hard to choose. But here are three of my faves in no particular order:

1. http://chatoyance.blogspot.com/2006/08/augereverie.html

2. http://chatoyance.blogspot.com/2006/03/whheeeeeee.html

3. http://findmeabluebird.blogspot.com/2006/04/opening.html

polona said...

great selection, loved all your offerings but was especially drawn to 1.

happy new year, lori!

Doodlestreet said...

FOUR! FOUR! FOUR! FOUR! FOUR!

But them, I'm rather woodsy...so I would pick that one.
Death and Birth...then re-birth. I just love it. This one came to mind even before I clicked on the links...so glad to have seen this in the mix. You know, when I look at the photos you share with us, I really enjoy looking through your eyes and not only seeing the beautifully taken photo, but the stories and sentiment behind each. You're a very good storyteller that way. Thank you for a year of wonderful works.

Here's wishing you and inspiring and creative new year--.

Anonymous said...

1 for me, lori. perfect composition and colour. old, old, old. entropy!

Belinha Fernandes said...

Blasted heart is a great one!:-)

Happy 2007!New year it's almost knocking on my door one hour and a half away only!

I wrote a last post on my bla,bla, bla blog about my 2006 best achievment in my insignificant life- my little about to be children book. And in it I thank two persons for the push.One of them it is you.

"See you " in 2007!:-)

amber said...

4 i love it's obvious but soooo amazing i say it's the winner you for finding and god for sneaking it in

Thomas Gada said...

All are great...but 3 and 5 are brilliant.

Best to you in 2007!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Very difficult to choose. I loved 1 but it has to be 5. Happy New Year Lori!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can never choose from so many "bests"! Thank you for your wonderful images and words that have added great pleasure to my daily blog strolls this past year, Lori. Happy New Year!