Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fubar! !@#$%^&!

Major crash upon crash (my husband said it was "kernel panic")...and after some fix attempts, he suggested I reinstall the OS. Of course, I left all those CDs in my laptop case at the office.

So, much to my freaked-out frustration, no images will likely be posted today. And with another business trip tomorrow (no ice in the forecast) I may not be back among the land of daily art until this weekend.

*sigh*

If this is the worst life offers, I am indeed a lucky woman.
(But !@#$%^&! nonetheless.)

6 comments:

Ed Maskevich said...

What is the old saying? To err is human, to really screw-up you need a computer.

Anonymous said...

Kernel panic?

I like that, but not with computers. I prefer to think of it as something that happens under an oak tree.

Your interview is still getting traffic, so there's a nice thing.

Yes, you are a lucky woman: husband, cats, and Texas for a start.

Unknown said...

I find those situations rather invigorating, back as far as DOS 1.0 and ones I seem to experience perhaps every couple of months or so. It's odd though as I've nothing unusual on my desktop, save a jury-rigged Royal 440 upright typewriter attached as a keyboard and infrequent visits to twogirlsahorseandaduck.com.

On an uncharacteristic serious note, I find odd that these things actually happen after all these years of personal computing and do wonder what a neophyte does when they do occur. Last year I used a crash as an excuse to blow a chapter deadline which worked a couple of times, until my editor sent me a spanking new laptop and said it was no longer "excusable" to claim I couldn't use my wife's sytem because I was intimidated by women.

"Kernal panic" is, indeed, a stressful situation. It's so difficult to get them out of your teeth.

Hope there's scotch on hand.
/r

Anonymous said...

oh, I'm so sorry Lori... hope you are back showing us your creations soon! Evil computers!

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Sorry Lori..I have a safe trip. I look forward to more of your art when you return.

Mise said...

Infuriating...I know. :S